Restoring Your Smile
Restorative dentistry encompases dental procedures that focus on the function and health of the oral anatomy. Oral health is very important to a person’s overall health because many nerves connect from your teeth to the rest of the body. Also the condition of your teeth, reflect your body’s overall health. If a person who has severely decayed teeth, it can open the door for other diseases, or a disease such as diabetes can be noticed more prominently through your teeth. Oral care is very important for overall well being and should be dealt with as soon as a problem arises. Luckily, there are solutions to most oral ailments that help in restoring the damage that has been caused to your teeth and health.
Types of Restoration
Restoration of the mouth can include many different options for particular situations and needs. Some of the procedures available are as follows:
- Dental Bridges- a tooth replacement solution that gaps the bridge between surrounding teeth, solidifying the jawbone and incorporates crowns to give an attractive appearance.
- Dental Crowns- are a protective cover for teeth that have undergone some tooth decay or damage. They also help reinforce strength in the jawbone.
- Fillings- can either be made of metal or tooth colored material, but its main function is to replace a portion of the tooth that has become decayed. Removal of a decayed portion of the tooth is very pertinent before it spreads to the entirety of the tooth to prevent the need for more complicated measures of restoration.
- Dental Implants- have become a popular staple in teeth replacement because it’s a permanent solution to missing teeth and offers patients a more reliable long term result.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction- this option is intended for people who have severe tooth decay or oral problems. Cosmetic and restorative options can be utilized to improve the health, appearance, and functionality of the tooth.
- Root Canal- infected tissue can cause severe pain and lead to tooth loss. Root canals are a procedure that attempts to remove the infected tissue to save the tooth.
- Inlays and Onlays- a restoration solution that is designed to treat mild to moderate tooth decay issues that are affecting the cusps or ridges of the crown.
Contact Dr. Kelley Fisher at Eastside Comprehensive Dentistry in Issaquah, WA!
There are many options for oral reconstruction to many different situations. If you are experiencing severe tooth decay or other oral ailments and would like to know what reconstruction option best suits your needs, please contact Eastside Comprehensive Dentistry for your FREE, no-obligation consultation today!